Meet Dr. Steely
As long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a dentist. I believe that some people are called into a profession rather than just taking a job. I am one of those people. My approach to dentistry is holistically inclined healing.
In a spiritual context, the term healer is typically applied to Jesus. He has been called the great physician. He was followed by people that may have had little idea of His ministry, but could make the lame walk, the blind see, the deaf hear.
My world view and faith tells me, that in its simplest form, that is what I am called to be. What is a healer? It is about setting up the environment for health, wellness and change. It is about living my life according to my values – listening carefully to people, entering into relationships with them, opening our minds, our hands, and our hearts. It is about the freedom to live joyfully, peacefully and lovingly. It is the place where you enter someone’s life and experience the joy with them as they make choices that transform their lives.
I believe in using the gifts that I have been given to help improve the lives of others and lead them to a healthier future. It has been said that “first you get the skills in your head, then you get them in your hands, but they don’t become alive until you get them in your heart.” I am a holistically inclined, wellness-centered dentist because it is in my heart.
To share that passion and belief, I continue to train myself both technically and behaviorally. Dentistry is a behavioral science that blends art, technology, and science with psychology and humanity.
Post Graduate Training
On the technology and scientific side, my post graduate training includes studying under the world leaders in each discipline:
- Misch International Implant Institute Surgical Fellowship – studied under Dr. Carl Misch, BS, DDS, MDS, PhD (hc)
- Advanced surgical bone grafting and reconstruction – studied with Dr. Michael Pikos, DDS, MS Dr. Louis Al-Faraje, DDS
- Orognathic Bioesthetics – studied under Dr. Charles Wold, DDS, Director
- Certification in Oral Conscious Sedation – Dr. Leslie Fang, MD & Dr. Anthony Feck, DDS
- Advanced Endodontic training – Dr. Steven Buchanon
- Advanced Esthetic Rehabilitation – PAC-Live – University of the Pacific Dental School – Dr. David Hornbrook
- One year fellowship in Facial Pain – University of Kentucky School of Dentistry – studied under Dr. Jeffery Okeson
- Completed 5 coninuum’s in restorative Dentisty – L. D. Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education – Key Biscayne, Florida
- Texas Center for Occlusal Studies - studied under Dr. Hal Stewart and Dr. Craig Herre
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology - studied toxic affects of material used in dentistry including safe mercury removal
I continue to stay current with the most recent technical training and update my discipline with over 100 hours of scientific education each year.
Schuster Center Graduate & Mentor
On the behavioral side, I am a graduate and mentor to colleagues of the Schuster Center for Professional Development in Scottsdale, Arizona. The Schuster Center is the preeminent business and development school for dentists. I have been fortunate to have been personally coached by Dr. Michael Schuster and now can give back to like minded professionals.
I continue to lead and mentor a group of dentists in the Performance Coach continuum. We study best practices in leadership, personal and professional development, health and wellness and connect with the thought leaders across the broad spectrum of human development.