You never leave on a trip without knowing where you are headed. You don’t get in the car and just point it in a direction. Why would you leave your health care to that chance? Master Planning is a way that you can define what you want and then help us plan that so you will get there. Our only goal is to help you make choices that are in your own best self-interests. A master plan takes into account the three diseases of the mouth:
• Gum disease
• Tooth disease
• Bite disease
And helps you understand the causes of these. In this way, you are able to get beyond the disease. In a master plan, you can set the pace of your treatment for what is comfortable for you. The end goal is for you to get as healthy as you want to be.
The Master Plan is your stepping stone to a better life. The Master Plan is a document that you are intimately involved in creating based on 3 specific areas of prevention:
• Primary prevention – predicting disease before it occurs and preventing it
• Secondary prevention – detecting disease early and eliminating it
• Tertiary prevention – rejuvenation of defects caused by disease. This allows you to move to Primary prevention.
The Master plan is based on the following:
Structure determines behavior and behavior determines results.
For many people, their entire experience in dentistry has been about a mechanical solution that did not change their overall outcome. In other words, they changed an event (had a filling, placed a crown) but the behavior and structure did not change. Because of this, they found that every few years, they were having to redo their treatment with a more extensive one. It was a downhill progression of disease in a never ending cycle!
We discovered that people want as little dentistry as possible or no dentistry at all. The Master Plan guarantees that. By putting all of your risks into the mix and developing the structure to change the environment toward health and wellness, you will have the greatest impact on stopping this progression of disease.
Your Master Plan will focus on your choice of:
• Patchwork dentistry – focusing on only the urgent
• Phased long term health – stabilizing, protecting, and preventing disease
• Rejuvenation – once disease is controlled, rejuvenating defects in the most lasting manner taking into consideration form, function, comfort, health, esthetics, and longevity.
Everything that we do is focused on you and helps you make the best decision that is in your own best self interest.
Schedule an Appointment
Begin the journey of living a happy, healthy life. Call Battle Creek Dentist, Dr. Robin Steely today at 269.968.8151 or click here to schedule an appointment for a complimentary dental consultation.